Amplitude has released its State of Analytics 2016 report which is based on a survey of C-level executives, VPs, directors, and product and marketing managers. The report provides insight into analytics trends, the importance of analytics in driving business decisions, pain points and the types of analytics tools being used.
The survey reports that key users of analytics are not only data scientists – they are people who can make strategic business decisions. Of analytics users surveyed, the majority described themselves as: having a job title of manager or VP/director in product development or marketing and were interested in engaging in questions about increasing engagement and retention.
Among the findings of the report:
– There is a strong focus on wanting to understand what user behaviors keep them coming back to an app as 43% wanted to know about discovery and attribution and 31% about frequency and stickiness.
– 58% of the respondents are currently using event-based product analytics.
– 86% of respondents found event-based analytics to be very important or “mission critical” for their business.
– 60% report using two or more different analytics tools at the same time.
– Cost and complicated interfaces are the top pain points for respondents at 45% each.
credit: RICHARD HARRIS, Executive Editor